This Father’s Day I decided to try my hand at making quiche for the men in my life. I made a meat lovers quiche for the boys – my husband, stepdad, and father-in-law – and a veggie version for the girls – my mother, teen, preschooler, and myself. I didn’t follow a recipe but, they turned out great!
This site does incorporate paid advertising and affiliate links.
MamaMadHatter is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- 1 frozen pie crust, whole wheat
- 1 1/2 cups white potatoes, boiled or steamed and seasoned to taste
- 1 zucchini, raw and quartered
- 1 yellow squash, raw and quartered
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup raw yellow corn, frozen or cut fresh from cob
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, raw
- 1/4 cup cream
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Himalayan salt to taste
Prep & assembly:
- Mix eggs and cream together until slightly frothy.
- Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese, zucchini, squash, carrots, corn, and spinach.
- Layer bottom of pie crust with potatoes, pushing down with fingers to form a base.
- Pour egg-veggie-cheese mixture on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cheese over top.
- Place pie tin on another pan to keep from dripping onto bottom of oven.
- Bake at 375 F for 60 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool on baking rack for 15 minutes before serving.
- Freeze for later or enjoy now!